Escent Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd. is among the first few medical testing laboratory in Manipur to be accredited by NABL (National Accreditation Board of Testing and Callibration Laboratory). It is a constituent board of Quality Council in India which gives formal recognition for technical competency for specific tests/measurements, based on third party assessment and following international standards.
Escent Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd. (Department of Laboratory Services) is committed to deliver accurate and precise human specimen in vitro test results as per established and validated test. We administered standardized methods by maintaining a high level of professionalism in Laboratory practices. This shall be achieved by developing a standardized Quality Management System as per the requirements of NABL through well accepted test methods. We aim at developing competent personnel who are well versed with the Quality Management System rendering teamwork and commitment to achieve client (Patient/Physician) satisfaction.
- Implementation and maintenance of Quality Management System as per ISO 15189: 2012.
- All employees of the laboratory will be trained on the Policy, Procedure and Documentation developed for Quality Management System.
- To maintain strict internal quality control according to guidelines lay down by NABL.
- Participation in Inter Laboratory and External Quality Assurance programmes to evaluate test competency.
- To create awareness among the laboratory employees regarding quality management.
- To try and upgrade continuously to keep aware of the latest test methods and implement developments in laboratory Quality Management.
External Quality Control and Proficiency Testing Programme:
- Escent Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd. Participates in the following EQAS programmes –
- Participant of External Quality Assurance programme conducted by Bio-Rad, EQAS, USA for Clinical Biochemistry.
- Participant of ISHTM – AIIMS, External Quality Assurance programme, Haematology Deparment, AIIMS, New Delhi for Haematology.
- Participant of CMC (Christian Medical College) – EQAS, Transfusion module, Department of Clinical Pathology and Blood Bank, CMC, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Participant of IAMM (India Association of Medical Microbiologists) – EQAS, Department of Clinical Microbiology,
- Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu for Microbiology and Serology.
- EDPL has a tie up for inter laboratory comparison programme with Babina Diagnostics and Shija Hospital and Research Institute.
Internal Quality Control:
- Strict compliance with the standards of ISO 15189: 2012 guidelines.
- Third party commercial control from Bio-Rad are run at specified interval every day before validating the patients’ samples.
- Control values are evaluated for any deviation from Multi QC rule/West Guard rule by plotting the values on Levy – Jennings chart and
- Monthly co-efficient of variation, CV percentage is evaluated and monitored.
The laboratory has identified quality indicators to monitor and evaluate performance throughout critical aspects of pre-examination, examination and post-examination processes. Quality indicators are base on clinical and non-clinical areas, which include the following:
- Needle prick injury during sample collection
- Wrong patient identification
- Sample rejection in laboratory
- Test non-conformances
- Turnaround time of test
- Machine down time
- Internal quality control performance
- External quality assurance performance
- Reporting Error
- Number of person vaccinated
- Number of Complaints